Do you feel you lack time to stay healthy while working? How often do you eat chocolates after a stressful day? Or do you keep gulping junk after a hectic day? If yes, then you need help! This is not going to work in the long run. Remember, work and health need to go hand in hand. If any of the two goes away, the other one is going to trouble you a lot. Let us read this blog to know 'How to stay healthy in an office job?' Here are 8 easy tips for you.
How are health and your job related to each other?
Health and job are interrelated. If you fail to keep your mind and body healthy, you will not be able to show productivity at work. On the other hand, if you are a workaholic and ignore the clock, you will ultimately fall ill and welcome diseases.
- Active: If you keep your mind healthy, you will stay active at your workplace. Anyway, bosses do not appreciate lazy employees!
- Happy: If you keep your physique strong and healthy, you will be able to complete official tasks happily. And we all know a huge smiling face can light up moods in a depressing workspace.
- Long-Life: If you work according to the schedule and divide your time equally for other healthy activities, you can have a long life.
- Job Goals: Achieving job goals is an employee's dream. This dream can be achieved if you eat good, think good, and behave well! All these three habits collectively form great health.
8 Easy tips to stay healthy in an office job
So let's get started! Read these ten tips and make it your habit. You will definitely witness a great change!
1. Begin with a happy morning!
A happy morning equals a happy breakfast. So, before going to the office, have a proper breakfast. If you leave your office in a hurry, without having food, it can invite acidity, gastritis, and anxiety. Make sure you have a filling breakfast. Some of the quick options are as follows-
- Eggs, Oats, Porridge, or Vermicelli
- Milk, Juice, Non-Sugary Shakes, Fruits
- Dishes with semolina or wheat such as pancakes.
- Brown bread sandwiches, toast or saute veggies.
2. Chop off tea and coffee habits!
When in the office, we have the habit of consuming tea and coffee unnecessarily. Please cut down on this habit. Gulping cookies, biscuits, and chocolates while at the desk will make you lazy and unhealthy.
3. Don't skip exercise and meditation
Please do not skip exercise, meditation, or yoga. If it gets tiring for you to go to the gym after the office, make it a morning routine. If you begin your morning with freshness, your entire day will go smooth. It keeps you fit, enhances blood circulation, keeps you strong for mental challenges, and prepares you for new job opportunities.
4. Take your lunchbox!
Don't order every day and eat from outside. Bring your own lunchbox. Make sure to set your menu and eat good food, full of veggies, yoghurt, salads, bread, wheat or semolina dishes, pulses, etc. We know it gets difficult to cook when you are working. But you can prepare it at night and saute it in the morning and quickly pack it. Or you can get up in the morning some minutes before and pack your tiffin. This will also save you money! So, here's an option for great savings while on the job!
5. Sleep well!
You need to sleep well to keep yourself healthy. Good sleep is the gateway to a healthy and happy life. If you do not get enough sleep, you will feel dizzy at work. Further, it will make you mentally exhausted. Therefore, sleep is the most important.
6. No soda, no drinks, please!
Sugary drinks, cold drinks, sodas, and extra sugar in almost everything you consume are poisonous! So, stop doing it.
7. Don't sit for long hours!
Sitting at your desk for long hours will jam your system. It will invite cervical, jerks, joint pains, and much more.
- Take short intervals or breaks. Don't keep working at a stretch.
- Neck, shoulder, and wrist rotations help a lot.
- Walk in between. After having lunch, don't immediately sit to resume working. Go for a quick walk and then resume.
8. Calm your mind
A healthy mind is equally important to gain success in a job. Listen to good music or watch motivational videos during the breaks. A strong mind is capable of tolerating toxic people at the workplace, handling the pressure of deadlines, and avoiding physical tiredness.
‘Healthy Body Healthy Mind Makes a Healthy Workplace!’
It is highly important to understand that health is the utmost important factor in one’s life. An unhealthy person is not capable of achieving official goals. This further impacts personal and family life too. So, now you decide! Do you wish to ruin your life or not? If not, then follow these 8 easy tips to know how to stay healthy in an office job!